[vdr] Improving DXR3 OSD

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Mon Apr 18 22:49:17 CEST 2005

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> I remember following that idea quite well, and from
> what I know, they never figured out how to create
> an interrupt after a frame transfer is complete. So
> it never got beyond polling and experimental guessing :-(

Yes... But what I was really after was to do the same thing for the OSD
data. The amount of OSD data is a lot less then for the video, and you
could make assumptions (like 10x) for the time it will take to transfer
it, and it still wouldn't be a problem.

But, as far as I know, this hasn't been tested, and I don't know if it's
possible (depends on the internal method dxr3 uses to create the osd).

					Teemu