[vdr] MP3-plugin problems with slow cpu

Markku Tavasti tavasti at iki.fi
Tue Apr 19 09:56:55 CEST 2005

I was complaining earlier mp3-plugin is unstable with dxr3. However,
now I have FF card on other system, and similar unstability there
also. Both systems are with splow cpu. DXR3 is on P350, and now
testing with P266. Everything works fine, but then after 5-500 minutes
remote stops working, and 5-60 seconds after that music stops playing.
Sometimes vdr restarts (with watchdog), sometimes not.

On dxr3 system I have tested only with vdr-1.3.23
(http://www.e-tobi.net/vdrdevel/sarge/experimental/ multipatch)

On FF+P266 system I tested:

- vdr-1.3.23
  * http://www.e-tobi.net/vdrdevel/sarge/experimental/ multipatch
  * http://www.e-tobi.net/vdrdevel/sarge/experimental/ standard
- vdr-1.3.17
  * http://www.e-tobi.net/vdrdevel/sarge/testing/ multipatch

I run mp3 plugin showing track title & progressbar. Normally I have
background scanner running, but I had one crash also without it. I
suppose recording during listening music makes things worse.

I suppose this might be possible to fix, since system is responsive
and working, but on some point it stops working totally.

Anybody else similar experiences?

--
M. Tavasti /  tavasti at tavastisolutions.com  /   +358-40-5078254