[vdr] Attaching additional 'keyboards' to vdr...remote plugin?

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at e-dition.fr
Wed Apr 20 00:13:05 CEST 2005

Laz a écrit :
> I have bought a USB numeric keypad (meant for laptops) that I found cheap in a
> sale and I have rewired the buttons on the front panel of the video into a
> matrix and connected them in place of the numeric keypad (it is basically
> just a small usb module with a keypad membrane plugged into it). All seems to
> work: I get a new usb input device when I attach it and if I cat the relevant
> input device, I can see the keypresses. So far so good.

Great. I didn't think about those USB keyboards. I used a PS/2 keyboard
controler connected to the internal PS/2 connector (leaving the real
PS/2 port unusable).

> I can see at least two options:
>
> 1. Delete my remote.conf and program the 'keyboard' remote using the front
> panel (I won't be able to use the proper keyboard to control vdr but I'm sure
> I can cope with that!).

I would go for that one. Maybe you also have the possibility to modify
the mapping from scan codes (returned by the USB device) to key codes,
thus decoupling the PS/2 keyboard keycodes and the USB keypad codes...
This is possible with the PS/2 keyboard driver.

--
NH