[vdr] MP3-plugin problems with slow cpu

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 19:39:54 CEST 2005

On 20 Apr 2005 Martin Cap <macap20001 at compuserve.de> wrote:
> Markku Tavasti wrote:
>
> With version 0.9.12 of the plugin I get the following (Intel Celeron
> 433Mhz, output via OSS, black background) :
> - Only stable when playing streams over network.
> - Always crashes (well VDR takes 99% of CPU time) when playing songs
> from harddrive which are "new"
> (ie. no id3-tag got scanned). The next time the song gets played it
> works, besides this :
> - Frequent crashes when changing songs from harddrive (again, VDR takes
> 99% of CPU time),
>
> AFAIS, the plugin got some ugly race conditions concering threads.

This might be possible, but I don't know how to debug this as
nothing of it happens on my machine (playing a lot song from
harddisc, right now for 6 hours continiously).

My suggestion is that somebody with that problem, please wait
until vdr hangs with 100% cpu and then hook gdb to this process
to see which thread it is and where it hangs.

I'm sorry, but I'm currently rather busy with other stuff, so
that I cannot spent time on this myself. I'm be back on this in a
week or two...

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt