[vdr] Request: CAM warning message option

Klaus Ellegaard klaus at ellegaard.dk
Sun Apr 24 15:38:43 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:37:52AM +0300, Mikko Salo wrote:
> So what I really would like to have is an option to CICAM setup menu
> where user can choose like "CAM messages: Show, Ignore, Hide 5s, Hide
> 10s, Hide 20s" (that last like an option to choose delay seconds after
> warning message disappears automaticly)
> Is this possible?

I second that request. It happens very rarely in my setup but since
I use VDR exclusively for recording (no TV attached), I am not
usually around to hit the OK button.

I have "solved" the problem by having a tiny perl script tail the
vdr logfile. When it sees "CAM: Menu" (or whatever the specific error
message is), the script runs "svdrpsend.pl HITK OK".

It works great but an automated way would of course be preferable.

/Klaus.