[vdr] 1.3.15: VDSB errors when recording

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sun Apr 24 20:07:58 CEST 2005

Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch at icem.com> wrote:
> The kernel level used in SuSE 9.2 still contained a problem in the
> DVB drivers which caused VDSB errors if you have a FF card and a budget card.

Hmmm - my SUSE 9.0 VDR has only the FF card while the 9.2 system has 2
budget cards (FSC Activy and a Skystar2). On the 9.0 system I use the
linuxtv-1.1.1 DVB drivers. Since I could not get these to compile on the
9.2 system I'm using the DVB drivers that come with the SUSE 9.2 kernel
(latest YOU one).

> so you can either install newer DVB drivers or kernel 2.6.11,
> which contains the fixed drivers.

I suppose the 1.1.1 drivers are at least as recent as the ones in the
2.6.11 kernel?

> Search the mailing list archives for VDSB or "video data stream broken"
> for details.

Which I did, and found very little except the "-5" trick in remux.c. BTW I
am _still_ getting VSDBs now.

Shame. I wanted to record Episode II tonight, and I'm still getting the
VDSBs. :-( Good news is it is repeated tomorrow afternoon.

Limericks are art forms complex,
Their topics run chiefly to sex.
	They usually have virgins,
	And masculine urgin's,