[vdr] vdr-1.3.23 + xine-0.7.3-network problems

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Mon Apr 25 00:14:46 CEST 2005

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Previously, when a PTS wrap happend, xine stopped
> replay for about 26.5 hours.

Heh, that's a quite long time... but still I'd prefer the picture to
jump rather than audio...

> Did you patch VDR-1.3.23 with vdr-1.3.23-dvbplayer3.patch?

Yes I did. In 1.3.22+0.7.2 combo I have the very first (if I remember
correctly) dvbplayer patch sent to the list.

> If this patch doesn't fix the rewind issue, would you please be so
kind
> and explain in detail, what's going wrong?

When I press e.g. ff-rewind, VDR starts to rewind, but the rewind
picture updates do not happen as often as they should (perhaps 3 picture
updates / second). And after few seconds the rewind freezes completely
as if I had pressed pause.

Pressing play at that point does not do anything at first, but after
waiting for some time VDR wakes up again and continues normal playback.

> Please include the output of VDR and xine --verbose=2 when you select
> rewind.

I forgot to pipe VDR output to file, but for xine output see here:
http://tvr.dy.fi/xine.log

I started vdr, then started xine, went directly to a recording, started
ff-rewind, waited few seconds until it got stuck, waited for some time
(this time vdr didn't wake up, I may have pressed play couple more
times), pressed finally q in xine to quit.

					Teemu