[vdr] Upgrading from DXR3 to FF, and not happy

Markku Tavasti tavasti at iki.fi
Tue Apr 26 06:29:55 CEST 2005

Markku Tavasti <tavasti at iki.fi> writes:

> - Jammed and killed by watchdog all the time. I had problems with
>   DXR3, but now usability is worse. After pressing back from viewing
>   recoderd program 50% it gets jammed and watchdog restart. There was
>   recording running at the same time, and also noad running (with nice).

Progress this far:

- memtest86 and cpuburn reveal no problems, both run without problems
  (memtest 2 full rounds, burnP5 1h, burnMMX 10min, burnBX 10min)
- Fixed my antenna cable (better signal)
- Removed debug messages from vdr (I had -l3)
- Changed setting 'update channels' from 'add new transponder' to 'no
  update'
- Tested with no extra programs running (no noad, no rsync over
  network) and works quite fine. Test was quick, we'll see if it is
  really stable & usable, but at least it looked much better.

> - Picture, all colors are too bright. I need
>   to adjust brigtness, color and contrast (and still not happy). I
>   suppose this would need some module parameter, but did not had time
>   to study this far.

Tried different 'options dvb-ttpci vidmode=X' settings. 0 disables
composite video, 3 gives Black&White. 1 and 2 give dark picture with
too bright colors. Something wrong with card? Picture was perfect with
dxr3.

--
M. Tavasti /  tavasti at tavastisolutions.com  /   +358-40-5078254