[vdr] 1.3 DVB-S FF and sc plugin

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Tue Apr 26 12:51:52 CEST 2005

hi,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?"Sami_J._M=E4kinen"?= writes:
 > Stefan Taferner wrote:
 >
 > > Sorry, I do not use sc myself, and have no links either. You wont
 > > get any here I assume as the use of sc is not very legal in most
 > > countries....
 >
 > I am talking just theoretically and hypothetically. o:-)

I wonder why.  The sc still needs the valid keys to decrypt, and
according to its documentation is able to use smart card readers for
reading them from the subscription card.  Why would this be illegal?

If the HW decoding is the keyword and software decoding is "illegal",
then I guess duplicating subscription cards should be legal, as long
as they are used in STB:s with hardware decoders.

Could someone tell which countries have legislation that dictates that
CA channels should be decoded in hardware and using software is
illegal?

yours,
		Jouni