[vdr] 1.3 DVB-S FF and sc plugin

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Apr 26 16:40:48 CEST 2005

En/na Jouni Karvo ha escrit:

> Could someone tell which countries have legislation that dictates that
> CA channels should be decoded in hardware and using software is
> illegal?

csa is protected by patents, it all depends if the EU directive will
forbid or allow software patents. If software patents are allowed then
it would probably be illegal to implement csa without a licence, OTOH if
they aren't it should be perfectly legal to implement csa any way you
like. Of course in the former case most of vdr would be illegal
anyway....and in the latter softcsa should be a core feature of vdr
insted of an ostracized one.
IANAL anyway so don't take my words as if I were one.

Bye