[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] UTF-8 patch 0.0.1 with Freetype2 font handling

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Thu Apr 28 15:51:41 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 14:25 +0200, Alexander Riedel wrote:

> As fonts all of the different sizes and styles was necessary at the same
> time and freetype2 library to vdr to fasten. This is only with ttf fonts
> tested .

> By default fonts are
> as FontOsd arialbd.ttf size 16,
> FontSml arial.ttf size 12
> und FontFix courbd.ttf size 15

Very interesting, but what about enhancing the font bitmap structure to
carry antialiased fonts, and using FT_RENDER_MODE_NORMAL ?

cFont::Glyph(unsigned int c) const
{
[...]
error = FT_Render_Glyph( face->glyph, FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO );

I guess this would be fairly trivial to add once FT support is in, by
further modifying cBitmap::DrawText(), given some constraints on the OSD
palette.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com>