[vdr] FATAL: Module dvb not found.

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at e-dition.fr
Fri Apr 29 01:26:42 CEST 2005

I was looking at the deprecated 2.4 tools (modutils), instead of the 2.6
tools I should have used (module-init-tools) with my setup.
I now have a working /etc/modprobe.d/dvb file :

alias char-major-250 dvb
alias dvb skystar2
install skystar2 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install skystar2 &&
/sbin/modprobe stv0299
remove  skystar2 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-remove --remove stv0299
skystar2 dvb-core

I use either "modprobe dvb" or "modprobe -r dvb" to add/remove the
modules respectively.

NH