[vdr] mediaportal and mame

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:32:32 CEST 2005

Leo Márquez wrote:
> Hi,
> Anssi Hannula escribió:
>
>> I have done it in another way: I've installed mythtv (www.mythtv.org)
>> to use the s-video output of my graphics card (VDR is in FF).
>

> Ok, the last idea likes me but... what offers mythtv that VDR not
> offers? only the MAME output?
> And... can run at same time? I think myhtv uses the dvb card too.

I use the mythtv mainly for mame and watching the composite video input
of my box. It has other features too, which I do not use.

Yes, they can be run in the same time, but in different outputs. If you
use remotes, you of course need two remotes or a remote with multiple
device controlling capabilities. You can't use the DVB feature of mythtv.

--
Anssi Hannula