[vdr] Re: reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Aug 2 22:03:01 CEST 2005

On Dienstag 02 August 2005 10:29, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Dienstag 02 August 2005 09:44, Harald Milz wrote:
> > Klaus is correct - we'd rather find the reason for it. I have no idea where
> > to look, though. If someone could tell me what to look for...
>
> did you already try to send your channels.conf and epg.data to somebody
> else to see if it coredumps there too? If not, you could mail them to
> me and I would try that and debug if necessary. At least I could produce
> a backtrace.

well I tried your files (you sent me two epg.data, I only tried the bigger
one) and vdr handles them fine here. I even ran it with valgrind, no complaints.

You have a lot of encrypted channels in there which I cannot receive. Do
you still get crashes if you only use FTA channels? (after truncating
epg.data and waiting long enough of course)

Otherwise I second Udos binary search. It probably sounds like more work than
it really is.

--
Wolfgang