[vdr] Re: reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Wed Aug 3 09:53:46 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang at rohdewald.de> wrote:
> You have a lot of encrypted channels in there which I cannot receive. Do
> you still get crashes if you only use FTA channels? (after truncating
> epg.data and waiting long enough of course)

Having no CI, I use only the FTA channels. In the meanwhile I am using
decruft to keep the channels.conf clean, there should be no encrypted
channels any more.  I'll clean up decruft's rules a little bit more. Is it
safe to assume that vdr gets epg data only from channels that are actually
in channels.conf? I guess I should use a fixed channels.conf and switch off
autopid altogether. It's already at "1" ("update existing channels only",
correct?).

> Otherwise I second Udos binary search. It probably sounds like more work than
> it really is.

Yep, it's usually a 10-step operation, more or less. I'll try that tonight.

--
In Lowes Crossroads, Delaware, it is a violation of local law for any
pilot or passenger to carry an ice cream cone in their pocket while