[vdr] Re: Release: dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261f

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Thu Aug 4 09:13:26 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 09:41:34AM +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 08 Jul 2005 "Martin Binder \(AON\)" <martin_binder at aon.at> wrote:
> [261f release]
> >>
> >> yeah but that one makes the mp3 plugin stutter (well now there is some
> >> 'tick' 'tick' in every soundtrack)
> >>

> > And here the same with muggle, when mp3 audio files are replayed
> Finaly I managed to install 261f.
> I cannot reproduce your problem with mp3 replay. The audio is
> fine.
> But I have still problems on DVD replay. There audio dropouts
> every seconds. This seems to be the same with all 261e and 261f.
> >> 0x261d was the last really nicely working firmware for me...
> >
> > For me too - with 0x261f I also get "unknown picture errors" when a recording
> > is starting: I did not see these errors with 0x261d and latest cvs dvb driver
> 261d is the best release for me too.

Hmmm ... Question: Do you use PCM/Stereo with the DVD plugin or does
this happen with AC3/DTS?

And what does happen if you are replaying a striped down VOB from a DVD?
You can do this with the help of e.g. vob2vdr ffrom the tools directory
of the bitstreamout plugin, renaming the result to 001.vdr and running
genindex on this.

AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958
         a  peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr