[vdr] Recordings by genre?

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Thu Aug 4 13:16:58 CEST 2005


Uwe Ortner wrote:
...
> it would be very nice if i could assign a "genre" to my recordings i.e.
> thriller, drama, krimi etc. 
> the record should be made in a subdirectory with the same name 

I agree.
I have been doing this ever since Klaus implemented subdirectories in VDR,
by making epg2timers assign subdirectories automatically using the genre
information supplied by tvtv.de. epg2timers also has a translation table
that translates tvtv.de genres into the subdirectory names that I prefer
and another translation table that matches (parts of) title and maps them
to genres.

I do 99% of my recordings using epg2timers and for the remaining 1% i find
it annoying that I have to move them into the genre directories manually. ;-)

Carsten.



More information about the vdr mailing list