[vdr] vdr-xine : extenal commands not allowed!

Paul Guermonprez paul.ml at integragen.com
Fri Aug 5 11:40:42 CEST 2005

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Well, you've got something wrong: the included xineplayer is not what
> you expect it to be. It is to be used in combination with the mplayer
> plugin, as a "substitute" of mplayer.
>
> When VDR has been started, just run xine to get a picture:
>
>     xine -V xv -A alsa vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
>
> Bye.

hello,

i've already tried this, and retried with your command line,
but xine says there's no way to decode this.

there's a "xineplayer" included with "vdr-plugins" package,
but it doesn't seems to work, it exits with no message ...

i really don't see how to use vdr with my dvb-t card.

thanks for your help.