[vdr] vdr stopping and not restarting

tony tony at tgds.net
Sat Aug 6 19:17:10 CEST 2005

Le samedi 06 août 2005 à 13:42 +0200, Luca Olivetti a écrit :
> tony wrote:
>
> > # Load driver if it hasn't been loaded already:
> > if [ $LSMOD -eq 0 ] ; then
> >    (cd $DVBDIR; /sbin/modprobe skystar2)
> >    fi
>
> here I need to load also the tuner module
>
> modprobe dvb-core
> modprobe skystar2
> modprobe mt312

My modprobe.conf is correctly set up so unloading/loading skystar2 looks
after the other modules.

Nothing happens when I run my xine "watch tv" script (starts xine
fullscreen and reads from vdr stream. The stream does not exist and vdr
does not seem to know it has died.

I was out all afternoon and something happened vdr passed from one state
to another like this:

vdr-xine: Client disconnected!  ### I quit xine after news at lunch
::write(2048) returned -1, error 32: Relais bris (pipe)
SetPlayMode: 0
SetPlayMode: 1
[vVMSetDigitalAudioDevice: 0
aA+9+12+13+14SetPlayMode: 0
SetPlayMode: 1			### unknown event while I was absent
[vVMSetDigitalAudioDevice: 0
aA+5+6+10+13+14]

Cheers

Tony