[vdr] Problem: Conax not available after VDR startup

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Sun Aug 7 18:58:00 CEST 2005

Rantanen Teemu wrote:
>Nope. Three attempts, still 66-67 seconds each. If I initiate an EPG
>scan as soon as it's possible from the menu, then the time gets down to
>26-27 seconds.

Hmm, zeroing both 'lastScan' and 'lastActivity' on cEITScanner
constructor dropped the Conax detection time to 9-10 seconds. Apparently
tuning into the encrypted frequency does speed up the detection
process...

I tried also to tune the card into the channel (before VDR main loop)
using GetDevice() / SwitchChannel() but that didn't help...

I don't know if there are issues if EPG scan is triggered right from the
VDR start. If not, could this change be included into the next VDR
version?

					Teemu