[vdr] How to speed up vdr start ?

Christoph Hermanns Christoph.Hermanns at web.de
Sun Aug 7 21:29:04 CEST 2005

Hello out there !

Is it possible to speed up the vdr start (e.g. on my system) ???
I'm running vdr on a SuSE 8.2 System with 2.4 Kernel driver.

The start of the runvdr script is initiated by
a runlevel script (runlevel 3 and 5).

It took about 90 seconds until i got a picture.
Here is my runlevel order:

S01random -> ../random
S02network -> ../network
S03syslog -> ../syslog
S04fbset -> ../fbset
S05lircd -> ../lircd
S06vdrRunlevel -> ../vdrRunlevel
S07hotplug -> ../hotplug
S08resmgr -> ../resmgr
S09portmap -> ../portmap
S12vdrconvert -> ../vdrconvert
S13alsasound -> ../alsasound
S13sshd -> ../sshd
S14joystick -> ../joystick
S14kbd -> ../kbd
S14postfix -> ../postfix
S14splash -> ../splash
S15atd -> ../atd
S15cron -> ../cron
S15fam -> ../fam
S15nscd -> ../nscd
S16xdm -> ../xdm

vdr is started at position 6 but on the console i see jobs as alsasound
and joystick starting before i got a picture.

How can i speed up the starting of the dvb driver and vdr ?

When i run the runvdr script manually, it took also a few seconds before
the picture is shown on tv. Can this startup be speeded up ?
Any hints are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Christoph