[vdr] vdr-xine : extenal commands not allowed!

Paul Guermonprez paul.ml at integragen.com
Mon Aug 8 15:30:37 CEST 2005

Stefan Taferner wrote:
> On Friday 05 August 2005 16:06, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
>>Paul Guermonprez wrote:
>>>yes i read the suse readme, i added the xine -r plugin,
>>>the service seems to launch correctly, but the clients
>>>can't connect ...
>>Which clients do you mean? You have to run xine and then press the
>>vdr button.
> He probably wants the xine plugin with the network patch applied.

i'm still trying to get vdr work locally.
xine and kvdr don't work from the server (locally).
with or without "xine -r" vdr plugin,

the final goal is to watch dvb-t channels from my laptop
with the dvb-t card in the server.

i thought xine-vdr was the right plugin, but if
have any other solution (with or without vdr), thanks in advance !
i am using suse 9.3.

thanks, paul.