[vdr] vdr slowness when browsing channels

Guy Roussin guy.roussin at teledetection.fr
Tue Aug 9 09:19:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

> @Guy: please comment out the lines
>
>        for (cOsdItem *item = First(); item; item = Next(item))
>            cStatus::MsgOsdItem(item->Text(), ni++);
>
> in cOsdMenu::Display() (osdbase.c) and let us know whether this
> makes any change.
No, that does not change anything. Around 20% of the cpu for vdr process
when browsing channels with left or right keys of my remote control.

I test this patch with vdr 1.3.27 and 1.3.28, same results.
I test with left and right keys (keyboard) and now the scroll is even
faster but it take around 35-40% of the cpu (with or without the patch).

With text2skin and Enigma again, i notice no changes with this patch :
40-50% of the cpu with remote and even 65-70% with the keyboard.

I note that browsing with the keyboard is very fast and no jerks as
with the remote control. It seems that some press on the remote control
are lost by vdr.

Thanks,

Guy