[vdr] How to speed up vdr start ?

Andreas Brachold ml05 at deltab.de
Tue Aug 9 19:24:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2005, 19:00 +0200 schrieb Christoph Hermanns:
>   In http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wikiindex.php/VDR_Bootzeiten
> There are only times compared on this web-side, but no hints about the
> speedup tricks.
> But i read the topic on vdrportal.de before, my boot time was even
> longer  before i reorder the runlevel scripts manually.

Here few simple hints :
* run any vdr-nonrelevant services like ssh after vdr,
* deactive/reduced automated hardware detection/probing
* install dvb-driver on kerneldir, and load only necessary driver
 (originial buildscript from dvb-driver load all frontends)

Me help http://www.bootchart.org/ to find some bottleneck on startup...
It's produce a chart like this http://deltab.de/vdr/bootchart.png

HTH,
Andreas