[vdr] Re: VDR-1.3.28: cVideoRepacker sucks

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 21:43:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

Dominique Simon wrote:

>> Is it easy for you to trigger this issue? I've tried two simultanuous
>> timers plus watching a recording but couldn't trigger the issue.
>
> With your debug code inserted, VDR didn't crash when i tried to trigger
> this bug. Maybe the Moon needs to be shining?
> My Syslog is flooded with debug messages now, but Linvdr only stores
> 200kB of Syslog :(. Any way to reduce the debug output to a minimum?

I fear not. The basic question which this debug output shall reveal is
whether cVideoRepacker is still working within the 30 seconds before VDR
is restarted. Therefore it is useful to have a report of the bytes
consumed and produced by cVideoRepacker.

Looking at your previous logfile it seems that cVideoRepacker doesn't
consume any data and therefore doesn't procude any data which leads to
an overflow at the input side and an underflow at the output side.

So if you don't mind, just keep it running until it crashes and then
send the logfile.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl