[Fwd: Re: [vdr] Mac mini + Xine plugin = perfect vdr client?]

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 21:46:52 CEST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [vdr] Mac mini + Xine plugin = perfect vdr client?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:38:33 +0200
From: Carsten Rietzschel <cr7 at darav.de>
To: Reinhard Nissl <rnissl at gmx.de>
CC: Klaus Schmidinger's VDR <vdr at linuxtv.org>

Hello,

I'm using the MacMini as my VDR since a few weeks :)

configuration:
- Cinergy T2 (DVB-T)
- ATI remote wonder
- gentoo linux with vdr 1.3.24
- xine-plugin (thanks Reinhard for OSD fix :)

And it works very well! No big problems so far, except one:
TV-Out doesn't work yet for me. I've tried using gatos.sf.net-drivers
from Rune Petersen - but no luck yet. Maybe someone can help!!?!?

Some minor problems still must be solved:
- Mplayer plugin (using /usr/bin/xineplayer) doesn't work
- DVD playback is sometimes choppy

But currently I'm too busy to investigate - may be at the weekend.

Please share your experiences too :)