[vdr] vdr killing its recording on symlink directory

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Wed Aug 10 23:26:14 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:59:07PM +0200, Helmut Auer wrote:

> >An even better idea (IMHO) would be to drop that whole video
> >directory symlinking stuff altogether and say "If you want a large disk,
> >use something like RAID or whatever". I was never a friend of this
> >linking, and regret the day I agreed to implement it...
> >

> Just do it, you got my vote for it :-) (Would be a great idea for a more
> stable 1.4 Version)

Another proposal which would make a distributed vdr system much easier:

a) There's only one default directory selectable with the automatic cleanup
function (say /video0). This avoids messing in other vdr's files.

b) Forget the linking. Files are created in one directory only ...but...

c) Allow the selection of the recording directory by default and in the
timer programming.

d) Allow playback from all directory sources.

         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher