[vdr] osdteletext and problem with OSD

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 17:59:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

I received a bug report for osdteletext which describes a way to crash the FF
cards' OSD, and I am able to reproduce this. (Open teletext on a channel with
colorful teletext such as RTL, press repeatedly, fast and in random order
Yellow Key for half page and Green Key for zoom.)

Then the OSD seems to hang a short time, then disappears, after a while some
garbage appears. I tested with the in-kernel drivers from 2.6.11 and 2.6.12.
Neither VDR nor the kernel driver seem to crash, but the OSD will not work
again. In dmesg I read multiple times:
dvb-ttpci: warning: timeout waiting in BlitBitmap: 0, 1

Reloading dvb-ttpci fixes the problem.

Obviously this is some sort of driver/firmware bug. What I am concerned with
is: Does osdteletext do anything wrong? Has this to be fixed somewhere in
user level code, or is it just another firmware bug?

Marcel