[vdr] vdr killing its recording on symlink directory

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Thu Aug 11 14:56:55 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 07:25, Emil Naepflein wrote:

> I am totally against dropping this functionality.

As am I.

> On server systems with multiple TB of storage it would be just brain
> dead to put all recordings on one large raid filesystem. A single error
> in the filesystem could kill all the recordings.

And I very much like to record over the network to an nfs in another
computer in addition to the single local hdd so I don't have to have 10
zillion heat producing hdds in the box requiring more fans generating more
noise than is absolutely necessary.

RAID over network doesn't sound too workable to me.

> So keep it, please.

Yes please.