[vdr] vdr killing its recording on symlink directory

Philippe Gramoullé philippe.gramoulle at mmania.com
Fri Aug 12 00:35:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:56:55 +0300
Jukka Tastula <jukka.tastula at kotinet.com> wrote:

  | RAID over network doesn't sound too workable to me.

Though, i'm not saying that the symlink functionnality should be dropped or not, i just want to say
that i use and old diksless PC in the living room, and that all the hundreds of gigs are in the basement on another
"backend" server. The backend server uses hardware RAID1 + Linux Software Raid 0 ( yes, i know, don't ask me why :)
 and data is accessed though NFS. No problem since more than a year, and heavy VDR use.

I'm not saying that this should the "the default way to do it", it just happened to "work for me (tm)" just fine, though
i'd probably do it differently if i had to do it again. Or not :)

Thanks,

Philippe