[vdr] lirc & mplayer plugin

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Fri Aug 12 23:09:43 CEST 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 23:54, Leo Márquez wrote:
> I'm using vdr with lirc without problems but with mplayer i don't have
> remote control. I have readed that the recommended mode of mplayer to
> act as vdr plugin is slave. But I see in mplayer.sh in the SLAVE
> sentence -nolirc.

That is correct. In slave mode mplayer doesn't accept lirc input directly
but instead vdr will feed it the commands it receives from the remote
(could be lirc, rcu or keyboard).

No one is forcing you to use slave mode.

> I don't know if I have to remove this option, or compile mplayer with
> lic support.
> Anyone has running this ?

You can compile mplayer with lirc support and setup any keys you want to
use in ~/.lircrc as described in the mplayer documentation. Also remember
to set the slave mode off in vdr setup. You do not need to modify the
mplayer.sh script in any way.