[vdr] Centralized 'thread active' handling

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Aug 13 17:08:50 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 13 Aug 2005 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
>>Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>>
>>>Otherwise a plugins using Active() now, could compile fine with
>>>the next VDR version, but certainly wouldn't work correctly.
>>
>>Is there any plugin that actually uses cThread::Active()?
>

> Both mp3 & mplayer plugin do.

And are you sure that this is _really_ necessary?
Do they _really_ want to determine whether the thread
is still running, or would they just like to know whether
it's time to return from the Action() function?
I don't know the internals of these plugins, therefore
my question.

> To make it worse, they don't access the old "active" var, so I
> guess your changes won't make them fail compile.

That variable was private to some derived cThread classes in VDR,
so they couldn't have accessed them, anyway. I was referring to
cases where plugins might have used an 'active' variable (or whatever
they may have called it) in the same way VDR did.

Klaus