[vdr] Centralized 'thread active' handling

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Aug 13 17:10:07 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>> it would somewhat reduce my confusion when switching from the elegance
>> of delphi/lazarus to the awkwardness of C++ ;-)
>

> Why use an extra negation here?
> I think a positive check ('Active()') is more straightforward
> than a negative one ('!Terminated()').

It mostly depends on habit. The native delphi class for threads (and the
corresponding one in freepascal), TThread, just uses Terminate instead
of Cancel, and the corresponding property is Terminated, so I'm just
used to wrap a thread in a "while not terminated".

> Just wondering: what does this have to do with "elegance" vs.
> "awkwardness"?

Nothing, it was a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Bye