[vdr] Transfer mode and a motorised dish

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Mon Aug 15 12:14:11 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Sorry, at this time I don't have any thoughts on this, except for
> increasing the lock timeout.

Based on some longer time use experience I'm getting better result for
both dvb-t and dvb-s+motor with Luca Olivetti's steerable patch (from
actuator plugin) compared to timeout increase. I got still sometimes
unreliable channel switches leaving blank screen and broken recordings
with the increased timeout.

I guess Luca's suggestion is even better than the existing patch (though
dish position querying from a plugin doesn't work for me).

Seppo