[vdr] Re: Watchdog kicks in, 1.3.28, 1.3.29

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 16:57:08 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag 16 August 2005 11:43 schrieb Malte Schröder:
> Malte Schröder wrote:
> >
> > I will try LD_ASSUME_KERNEL, let's see ...
>
> Seems to "fix" the problem .. so how can we debug this?

See if the problem exists running under gdb as well. If it does, set a
breakpoint to the watchdog function (maybe gdb catches SIGALRM before).
When the watchdog expires, get a bt from all threads (thread apply all bt)
and examine where the main thread is hanging.
If the error does not occur, let VDR segfault in Watchdog() (something like
(*((int *)0))++; will do this), and examine the core file (set ulimit -c
unlimited)

Marcel