Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 01:55:10 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> By default the PLUGINS directory is a subdirectory of the VDR source
> directory, and the library files are compiled into a subdirectory
> 'lib' in that directory. The settings
>
> PLUGINDIR= ./PLUGINS
> PLUGINLIBDIR= $(PLUGINDIR)/lib
>
> in the Makefile reflect that.
> You can overwrite this in your Make.config file.

I've explained that in more detail in the "Patch to Makefile" thread.

First annoyance: The plugin install dir is always treated as
sub-directory of /usr/local/bin.

Second annoyance: Setting PLUGINLIBDIR to anything else but
$(PLUGINDIR)/lib breaks make install and make plugins-clean completely

Third annoyance: Specifying an absolute path as install folder doesn't
work, specifying a relative path with ../ will also compile outside the
build dir. (well, actually not, because its broken.)

Cheers,

Udo