[vdr] Picture hangs from time to time, no freeze

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Thu Aug 18 09:25:51 CEST 2005

Hello all!

Like some other users I experience channel freezes sporadically since
1.3.29. Some have this since 1.3.28 or even 1.3.24. For me it happened looking WDR, others reported the same (on vdr-portal.de) with Pro7/Sat1/NDR. I experienced this behaviour on a small Epia ME6000 with a TT rev. 1.6 and kernel 2.6.13-rc6, but the problem doesn't seem to be related to drivers nor firmware (that's the consensus on vdr-portal.de).

The picture hangs, but after some time it starts playing again. You can
change to other channels no problem (and of course they work).

I don't know about messages in the log because I ran vdr with -l0 at the
time (sorry ;-)). Reception was normal, no rain but some clouds
(but we had this kind of weather before and it didn't happen).

Someone suggested to remove #define TEST_cVideoRepacker in remux.c, but
apparently this didn't help.

Thanks

Sebastian

--
"What the f*** are we doing out here in the middle of the desert?" - A foreigner, probably Samoan