[vdr] Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 16:12:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Why don't you just give your plugin a dedicated function
> that does exactly what you want? You'll just need to typecast
> the cPlugin pointer you have to the particular type and can
> then call that plugin's additional functions.
>
> Or am I missing something here?
>
> Klaus

but this would force the 'client'-plugin, that wants to use some functions
of  the 'server'-plugin, to include a header, that defines the extended
plugin-class. Or how should the client-plugin know about the additional
functions? And what, if the server-plugin isn't installed?

I agree to Udo, that a general purpose interface would be a better solution.

BR,

Christian