[vdr] Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 16:34:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

> It would have to know about exactly which parameters to provide, anyway.
> Where's the problem with including the proper header file?

I agree with you, if the functions of the server-plugin are an essential
part of the client plugin.
But :-)
Take timeline for example and its timer conflict check. If its installed,
then epgsearch checks periodically if there are any timer conflicts. If not,
no problem. There's no dependence at compile- or runtime.
Searching for repeats of using the extended timer edit menu is the same
thing. If epgsearch is present, a plugin can use this functions.

BR,

Christian