[vdr] Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Martin Wache M.Wache at gmx.net
Thu Aug 18 22:14:16 CEST 2005

Udo Richter schrieb:

> The attached vdr-extintf-0.1.0.tgz implements two sample plugins that do
> some communication: Direct communication to a specific plugin, detecting
> presence of plugins that offer a service, use a service provided by some
> plugin and broadcast a message to all interested plugins.
> Install as usual. Load the two plugins with vdr -P extcli -P extsvr.
>
> @Plugin developers:
> Suggestions, reviews and comments are welcome!

I like interface for cPlugin::ExtensionInterface() it will be very
usefull for the softplay/softdevice communication!

In my opinion the method CallPluginExtension() is not needed, the same
can easily done by just calling
cPluginManager::GetPlugin("name")->ExtensionInterface().

About the other methods CallFirstExtension() or CallAllExtension(), I'm
not sure. Currently I don't think that I will need them. But who knows?
If they are there, I think it would be nice to be able to know which
plugin actually answered the request, so that following request can be
sent directly to that plugin. That way one could first query for a
specific extension and then send all requests directly.

Bye,
Martin