[vdr] Mplayer mpegpes not working

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 13:57:10 CEST 2005

Simon Baxter wrote:

> I have modified my mplayer.sh to use the X output rather than mpegpes,
> so a mplayer window opens up to play the .avi file or whatever.  But a
> weird problem occurs.

Why don't use the "xineplayer" which comes with vdr-xine (see
documentation)?

> -If xine is running (I use the xine player as my card has no mpeg2
> decode) the mplayer window launches full screen, but the video is in a
> smaller window with huge black borders
>
> -If xine isn't running, and VDR is using skincurses, the mplayer window
> opens up fullscreen with full screen video fine.

Only one XV window can be present at one time. Mplayer falls back to -vo
x11, which doesn't support hardware scaling. If you have powerful enough
system, you can enable software scaling with mplayer -zoom option.
Mplayer will still try hardware scaling first, and uses the software
only as a fallback.

--
Anssi Hannula