[vdr] Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Aug 19 14:42:07 CEST 2005

Martin Wache wrote:
> In my opinion the method CallPluginExtension() is not needed, the same
> can easily done by just calling
> cPluginManager::GetPlugin("name")->ExtensionInterface().

Why didn't I see that before? Obviously, this call also misses an
important NULL test, so your way blows up to:

cPlugin *p=cPluginManager::GetPlugin("name");
if (p) p->ExtensionInterface(...);

In the end, these functions are just convenient helper functions. All
these functions including GetPlugin("Name") can be substituted just by
using GetPlugin(int) and a few more lines of code.

Cheers,

Udo