[vdr] VDR LiveBuffer Patch

Thomas Bergwinkl bergwinkl.thomas at vr-web.de
Fri Aug 19 16:41:00 CEST 2005

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> "Thomas Bergwinkl" <bergwinkl.thomas at vr-web.de> wrote:
>
> > > If would be good if the replay could drop frames so it will
> > > -slowly- catchup to the real time stream. (I the user want's to).
> >
> > I don't understand what you exactly want.
>
> i think, the OP is refering to a feature some commercial set top boxen
> do have. they allow a previously paused live view to catch up with the
> ongoing program after "unpaused" by doing a slightly fast forward, not
> really noticable.

Just droping frames would probably no good idea, I think. Somethink more
complex would be neccessary.
At the moment I don't see, which advantage you have, if you catchup with
the live video.
In my opinion it is better not to do so. When the next commercial break
starts you can jump to the end and mustn't watch it.

So, when you know a simply way to implement this, I could make a setup
option for this. But if there is no simple way, I won't add this
"feature".

Thomas