[vdr] xxv

Andreas Brachold ml05 at deltab.de
Sat Aug 20 09:34:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I have been trying to install with commands according to the (german) Wiki.
> Everything starts just fine, but when trying to access the web interface or
> via telnet it crashes with to message in logfiles or else.

> Any clues as of where to look for hints??

Which system is used,
is'nt there any usable log entry on /var/log/xxvd.log ?

glass ball mode :

We got reports, that's on SuSE9.3 the process xxvd are dead after first
access over http/telnet. the used perl-libary lib-event crash
uncomfortingly on SuSE 9.3. Suse build here package with incompatible
debugging flags to lib-event.

A (german) discussion about that :
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=34799

A rebuild of perl is at current, the only known solution.

It was reported that a perl package from http://www.activestate.com/
work. Or a build perl-devel from perl.com, Or build a modifyed
suse-srpm... but i don't know suse, i know only that a hard system
modification...

Andreas