[vdr] Problem: Conax not available after VDR startup

Rantanen Teemu teemu.rantanen at tekla.com
Sat Aug 20 16:31:24 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I really don't see why tuning to a particular channel should speed up
> the initial setup of the CAM communication.

I only know that EPG scan did help, and did help every time...

But, in the meantime I've built a new vdr/file -server, and guess
what... yep, the delay is gone. I have no idea what was the real fix as
I've changed almost everything (except dvb-hardware):

	P2-350		-> Celeron-2.5G
	vdr-1.3.23		-> vdr-1.3.29
	linux-2.4		-> linux-2.6
	dvb-20041226	-> dvb in kernel
	etc...

But I guess there are still some people who have the same problem. Why
not add an option to VDR to allow EPG scan to start right away?

					Teemu