[vdr] VDR LiveBuffer Patch

Thomas Bergwinkl bergwinkl.thomas at vr-web.de
Sat Aug 20 19:58:51 CEST 2005

C.Y.M wrote:
> >>Yes, I also get this error sometimes. But it's nothing to
> worry about.
> >>It could happen when the dvbplayer is deleted. When you add
> Cancel(3);
> >>in cDvbPlayer::~cDvbPlayer() before Detach(); this error should no
> >>longer occur.
> >>

> > Thanks, Thomas.  That seems to have fixed it. :)
>

> Have you considered using a RAM drive for the buffer?  What
> were the problems?
> I noticed some comments about it in the patch.

There should be no problem. You can specify the directory, where the
livebuffer should be written to, with option -b.
The LiveBufferSize should be a few MB smaller than the size of the
ramdisk (because of index.vdr and the 001.vdr gets a little bit larger
than LiveBufferSize) and 'Keep paused LiveBuffer" should be no.

Thomas