Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Aug 22 13:38:51 CEST 2005

Christoph Hermanns wrote:
> Am Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:43:23 +0200 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de>:
>
>> - Now waiting at startup until all DVB devices are ready. This
>> includes  having
>>    all CAMs initialized and ready to decrypt, so that no more
>> "channel  not
>>    available" happens if VDR is started with the current channel
>> being  an encrypted
>>    one, or a timer on such a channel hits right after starting VDR.
>

> Does this mean that vdr waits until the dvb-driver is ready (firmware

No, it just means that VDR waits until devices with CAMs have
completed setting up the communication with the CAM. Of course, the
driver has to be fully loaded before VDR can access the devices.

> To speed up the vdr start, i started the dvb driver separate from my
> runvdr.
> But when i started the dvb driver with & in Background, the driver is
> not  ready when
> the vdr starts and i get no picture.
>
> I would like that vdr waits for the dvb driver even if the driver
> started  with & in Background.

I guess it's a matter of coincidence whether or not the driver
will be completely up and running when VDR tries to access the
devices. You should always wait until the driver is ready
before starting VDR.

Klaus