[vdr] Patch to avoid file system buffer trashing

Clemens Kirchgatterer clemens at 1541.org
Mon Aug 22 20:43:38 CEST 2005

Ralf Müller <rmvdr at bj-ig.de> wrote:

> For sure the whole thing only makes sense when all programs dealing
> with video streams on a vdr do the same. So I did some first steps
> patching noad.

very interesting. i would suggest, that vdr should wrap all relevant
calls into its own APIs and make it public to plugins. additionally you
could write defines for (f)open, read(), write(), ... and redirect them
to your replacements, so at least plugins that deal with reading from
harddisk by themselfs, would benefit instantly.