[vdr] vdr-xine, no ac3 playback?

mike lewis lachlanlewis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:16:56 CEST 2005

I recently purchased a reciever capable of ac3/dts decoding.  I've
been doing some testing and I now have the correct config in xine to
dump ac3 streams directly through my sound card to my reciever.

With watching dvd's in xine, I get an ac3 stream, however, when using
vdr-xine (0.7.4) I only get PCM stereo.

VDR EPG info shows the audio as being DD.

I guess I'm trying to establish whether or not vdr-xine is altering
the audio stream or vdr is altering the audio or my provider is lying
by telling vdr that isa DD stream but its not??

Any pointers?

Mick.