[vdr] Mplayer/mp3 playlists - how to??

Linux TV homemaillist linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Aug 24 10:01:10 CEST 2005

> Thanks.  Looks like I have wider problems - a 'mp3.so' isn't being
> produced when I compile the plugin and mp3s are just getting played with
> mplayer.
>
> I gather although the plugin includes mplayer and mp3, separare *.so files
> should be getting produced for each??

My problem turned out to be with the Makefile.

The part -
### Targets:

all: $(ALL)

was only creating PLUGIN2 being mplayer.so.  I was getting 'Make has
nothing to do for all:'

I couldn't get it to work properly, so changed it to :
### Targets:

###all: $(ALL)          #doesn't work for some reason SBB
all: libvdr-$(PLUGIN).so libvdr-$(PLUGIN2).so

...and now both mp3 and mplayer work

Thanks

Simon